Title 1 Info
Parley's Park is a Title I targeted school. Parley's Park parents have the right to know their teachers' professional qualifications. For more information contact:
Title 1 meetings to this point
Parent-School Learning Compact
I want my child to achieve therefore I will:
- • Make certain my child attends school regularly and on time.
- • See that my child is well-rested and has breakfast each day.
- • Set aside a specific time and place for homework, assisting as necessary.
• Attend at least two conferences and communicate regularly with my child’s teacher to ensure his/her academic success.
- • Support the school and staff in maintaining proper discipline.
- • Read with my child and let him /her see me read regularly.
- • Encourage positive attitudes toward school.
- • Volunteer in my child’s classroom as appropriate.
- • Review information and work sent home and respond as necessary.
It is important that I learn, therefore I will:
- • Attend school regularly and on time.
- • Complete assignments and homework.
- • Bring homework and supplies to school each day.
- • Work to the best of my ability.
- • Work cooperatively with classmates, teachers and staff.
- • Respect myself, other people, and my school.
- • Follow all school rules.
- • Accept responsibility for my own actions.
It is important that my student achieve, therefore I will:
- • Hold expectations high for all students, believing that all students can learn.
- • Provide high-quality instruction in a supportive and non-threatening environment.
- • Provide meaningful homework.
- • Communicate regularly with my students and their families through conferences, notes, phone calls, etc.
- • Provide opportunities for parents to assist in the classroom in meaningful ways and to observe classroom activities.
I support this compact therefore I will:
- • Provide an equitable learning environment for all children.
- • Encourage the staff to provide parents with information about the total school program.
- • Encourage our staff to provide avenues for positive and meaningful parent involvement.
- • Schedule annual parent-teacher conferences for parents of children to attend.
- • Provide reasonable parent access to staff members.
- • Provide a variety of opportunities for parents to volunteer in their child’s classroom.
- • If needed and reasonable, provide parents opportunities to observe classroom activities.